Friday, September 22, 2006

The artistic temperment

Part if this self-inquiry has been a reflective exercise about my temperament and moods.
One major self-realization is that I process the world through a filter of intense and extreme emotions. The negative emotions such as anxiety, fear, and anger sometimes rise up to fill my body and soul with such grief that the truth of existence becomes overshadowed. Like weeds, they come up and choke out any peaceable perspective and all I can see is dark possibilities. Its within these extremes of personality, that my closest relationships have been the most effected. Love is felt so deeply, but when wounding happens ( as it does to us all) it strikes out in the most calloused, withdrawn, or poisonous way. This presents a harsh contrast to the theological and philosophical values I uphold; those that call me to live and serve life through peace, joy, and love. In this way self-inquiry is also a self-intervention; a means for becoming illumined in clarity so that one may have the capacity to survive and thrive in a higher quality of life. The ability to step back from the intensity of emotions, to explore it, and to shine the light of understanding upon it is a life-skill that is strengthening me. I know I now have the inner ability to step aside and let the space of what is, the wisdom of Universal Love, to melt into those dark crevice's. The split part of self, what I call the Fragile Self, is no longer centrally driving my life experience. The Guiding Light of Christ, the divinity within our humanness, allows me to reunite with self in a profound union of wholeness. This is the act of becoming unified within. When we fully embrace our Divine nature, we also let our humanness become cleansed and healed again. This, in the truest sense of the word, is Self-realization; the deepest place in which the Kingdom of God truly lives within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home