Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Internal Emotional Dynamics



It seems that for me self-inquiry has been a process of exploring my internal dynamics of emotions and how they effect my daily tasks and relationships. I see this as an excavation process in that as I uncover these deep and unconscious phenomenon, I expose them to the light of consciousness. When we can understand why we behave they way we do, we can learn to treat ourselves with compassion and not resentment. Episcopal priest and Jungian psychologist, John Sanford teaches that the heart is the unconscious, and that the soul bridges and connects our unconscious to the realm of understanding. As we learn to navigate and open to both the positive and the negative, weedy aspects of the heart, we can learn to accept and grow into inner unity. This ability to accept and own ones dark aspects has been problematic for me. I have developed internal patterns in which I judge, cut off, reject, and disown these aspects, hiding them away in secret compartments that I don't know I have. I am finding that true emotional maturity is about learning to accept, integrate and learn from these parts of the personality. It also helps me recognize my partnership with the Inner Light of the Holy Spirit to shine and illuminate these caverns within. Only then can the true kingdom of God, perfected, Divine love dwell deeply within the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home